DR. SHEILA BRAZEL OPHTHALMOLOGIST
Dr. Sheila Brazel is currently the Chief of Ophthalmology at St. Joseph Health Centre in the west end of Toronto. She has been on staff at St. Joseph's as a cataract and glaucoma surgeon since 1996. Dr. Brazel specializes in cataract surgery, having performed over 7,000 sugeries. She is a lecturer at the University of Toronto in the Department of Ophthalmology and has been involved in teaching clinical ophthalmology to both family practice residents and undergraduate medical students.
EXTENSIVE EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Dr. Brazel began her studies as an undergraduate at the University of Waterloo. She completed her medical and ophthalmology training at the University of Toronto. Her postgraduate training included the completion of a Fellowship in Glaucoma at the University of Amsterdam in the Netherlands. Additional postgraduate fellowship training in glaucoma was completed at The University Health Network. Committed to lifelong learning, Dr. Brazel attends international conferences on new advances in the latest medical and surgical techniques several times per year.
ASSOCIATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
• University of Toronto Lecturer
• University of Toronto Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences
• The Canadian Medical Association
• The Canadian Ophthalmological Society
• The Canadian Glaucoma Society
• The American Academy of Ophthalmology
• The Ontario Medical Association
• Toronto Area Glaucoma Society