Improper lens care may lead to eye infections.
- Before handling contact lenses, wash your hands with soap and water, then rinse and dry them with a lint-free towel.
- For proper cleaning and storage of your contact lenses, only use the disinfecting solution and cleaners recommended by your eye care professional.
- Do not put your lenses in your mouth to wet them. Saliva is not a sterile solution.
- Do not use saline solution and re-wetting drops to disinfect lenses. Neither is an effective or approved disinfectant.
- Contact lenses should not be rinsed with or stored in water (tap or sterile water).
- Wear and replace contact lenses according to the schedule prescribed by your eye care professional.
- If you use hairspray, use it before putting in your contacts.
- Put your makeup on after your contact lenses are in to avoid getting makeup on them. At bedtime remove your contact lenses before your makeup.
- During cleaning, put your contact in the palm of your hand and gently rub your contact lenses with your index finger of your other hand, rinse the lenses with solution before soaking them. This "rub and rinse" method is considered by some experts to be a superior method of cleaning, even if the solution you are using is a "no-rub" variety.
- Rinse the contact lens case with fresh solution — not water. Then leave the empty case to air dry.
- Keep the contact lens case clean and replace it regularly, at least every three months. Lens cases can be a source of contamination and infection.
- Do not use cracked or damaged lens cases.
- Never sleep in your contact lenses.
If you have purchased contact lenses from us before and you would like to refill your prescription you can place an order by completing the following form. We will be happy to mail them to you or you can pick them up at our office. One of our staff will call you to confirm your order. Most orders will be ready in 2 business days.
Please let us know how many months supply you wish to order and if you want us to mail you your contact lenses or pick them up at our office.